More than educating your child’s sleep, it is teaching him to sleep and be calm at night. When he is six months old, he may start waking up every hour and a half, because his internal sleep cycle is changing. Or you can also have a growth crisis … the reasons can be many, but what matters is that you know how to handle the situation for everyone’s good rest.
You will be able to fall asleep on your own without much help if you know how to do it. Remember that letting him sleep alone and without help does not mean that you should let him cry to make him feel anxious, far from it. You also don’t have to leave the room and leave him alone all the time.
Maybe your baby just needs a little of your warmth, a lullaby , physical contact … to be able to feel calm and rest. And if so, are you going to deny it? How would you feel if you need a comforting hug and the person you care about most in the world rejects it? For this reason, if your child needs you, you must be by his side.
Keys to educate your child’s dream
By this we mean that you can educate your baby’s dream from love and respect, taking into account their needs and yours. To do this, follow the following steps and you will see how everything improves in a short time and your rest also begins to be more adequate. Do not lose detail.
- When your baby is 4 months old, it is necessary for him to feel secure at bedtime, and you must provide that by satisfying his needs from affection and love whenever he demands you.
- Control the temperature of the room where your baby sleeps, if it has a comfortable temperature, he will fall asleep earlier.
- Put him in nightwear that is comfortable. It should not be too warm or too little.
- Try not to allow your baby to fall asleep while taking his milk (both breast and bibi) to avoid associating feeding with falling asleep. If this happens, the only way to sleep will be by eating and it is not a good option. It is best to wait about 20 minutes after the last feeding of the night to put him to sleep. If he wakes up at night and you have to feed him, don’t wait this long, just try to keep him from falling asleep while he’s drinking his milk.
- You don’t want your baby to learn to sleep in a certain amount of time … Your baby knows how to sleep, but only does it when he needs it and taking into account everything you teach him with your love. Do not compare her to other babies who may sleep earlier and better… each baby is different and has its own rhythm.
In addition to all this, it is important that you keep in mind that to educate your children’s sleep you must take into account their routines. Routines are key and necessary for your baby to associate the night with sleeping longer. Think of the best bedtime routine that fits your family style and your little one’s personality.